Addictlab has twenty years of experience organising brainstorming and ideation projects for big corporates, governments and start ups. Check www.yourownlab.com for all our consultancy services and tools, going from Inspiration Showers to Creative X-Rays. In the Addictlab Academy, we use that experience to offer team building activities to companies and organisations.
The act of creating, regardless of what discipline, is a valuable activity to do in group. Creating, eg giving life to a concept, product or idea that didn’t exist before is an experience that can be shared, discussed and enhanced by any team. Add to that a series of new technologies, brainstorm methodologies and tools in a lab surrounding, where everything is allowed and failure should be part of the process, and you have a fertile environment for building your team.
An important aspect is the challenges the group will face during the event. This should be set based on prior briefing. We encourage an intake meeting to discuss the needs, specifics, the background of the team and company we will host. The lab challenges thus set necessary goals of the session, and is important to the design and navigation of the team building session.
By way of example, a team building session (minimum of 2 hours) can look like this:
- Welcoming and introduction to the space
- Inspiration shower : ideas from the Addictlab database
- group initiation & profiling
- profiling of all participants, and ice breaking (We use our Creative cards system : creativecards.wordpress.com)
- activity 1 – Use the 3doodler to work on a 3D drawn object/artpiece together.
- activity 2 – Arduino : learn to code and program.
- activity 3 : program the Sphero robots & play a ‘sphero mini golf tournament’
- Ideation on one of Addictlab’s generic research themes (eg your ideas on..)
- getting concrete : production of prototype – share what has been created – discuss
With what do you walk away? The group and the participants will get a tangible artefact of the activity. A 3D printed object, a group-created design, a prototype, or artwork.
Food Lab activities can be added to finish the event. From Wine tasting to 3D printing in chocolate or printing customised pancakes.
Ideation & innovation traject
For our offerings and consultancy to companies and organisations to help you think out of the box, check our consultancy unit and all tools and services available: www.yourownlab.com